Saturday, January 17, 2015

Memories

I just finished reading the novel "Before I Go to Sleep" yesterday. It is a thriller kind. I found that I really like this kind of novel or movies because I will keep guessing how would the story ends when I'm reading. And, I felt very excited when I finally found out what's going on in the story.

This novel is a story of a woman, Christine who lost her memories when she wakes up everyday. Let's imagine if you were her. How awful it would be. It says, 'Memories define us.' at the back of the novel. I'm totally agree with it, especially when I finished reading. What would it be if you trust the people around you when you wake up without memories as it is probably the only thing that you could do or would do and in the end you find out they could not be trusted at all or they have been telling lies ? Wow. Thrilled. That's exactly what Christine experienced. If I were her, I would write journal like she did to note down what happens everyday. But, one problem is when the one who close to you (in Christine'case, her "husband") does not mean to let you memorize anything of the past and he would tear out some part of your journal and make up lies to let you live the way he wants and be the person he wants you to be, but you would not know as you just simply learn your past from the "modified journal". Perhaps you remember something someday or find the pages that were torn, then you only realize things are going wrong.  So, you have to find out the truth on your own.

I think memories make up our lives. We are nothing without memories, it would like you lost your soul.  And, memories have good and bad but they are ours, our life. So, don't try to let go of them. Learn from the past and move on with experiences. That's how life should be.

p/s : I heard that this novel is going to be made into film. I'm quite longing for it. xD



No comments:

Post a Comment